The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois (NFBI) is a 501(C)3 charitable organization that works year-round to improve the lives of blind people in the state of Illinois. The NFBI encourages Braille reading for blind children, helps blind teens gain the skills to live independently, and empowers blind people of all ages to live the lives they want.
Through Amazon Smile you can contribute to the NFBI each time you make an Amazon purchase. When you shop on Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate .5 percent of your purchase price to the charitable organization of your choice. The NFB of Illinois is registered as an Amazon Smile charity.
Amazon Smile operates exactly like the standard Amazon site. You can sign in with the username and password you have always used, and you can apply your Amazon gift certificates.
It’s easy to create an account on Amazon Smile. This is all you have to do.
- Go to www.amazon.com/smile
- Enter or click on Your Account.
- On the Your Account page, go to Change Your Charity.
- Go to Edit and type National Federation of the Blind of Illinois in the edit field.
- Enter or click on the Select button. A popup will appear and announce that you have selected the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois as your designated charity. Hit Dismiss and start shopping!
- You will see a notice that you are supporting the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois every time you shop at http://www.amazon.com/smile” target=”_blank”>www.amazon.com/smile.
Half of one percent doesn’t sound like much, but lots of small amounts add up to big earnings. Think of all the money that you and your family spend on Amazon over the course of a year. Use Amazon Smile whenever you buy gifts, books, music, or household items, and each purchase will support the NFBI and its programs. Help us spread the word by encouraging your friends, relatives, and colleagues to sign up for Amazon Smile as well.
Thank you from the blind of Illinois!
Have a Vehicle to Donate?
Help NFB increase Braille Literacy, fight against the payment of subminimum wages, and help visually impaired veterans by going to:
Thrivent’s Choice Dollars donations can help NFB
Are you a member of Thrivent Financial and eligible to direct Choice Dollars? With Thrivent Choice, you can recommend where some of Thrivent Financial’s charitable outreach funds go. Choice Dollars funds can make a world of difference to the NFB. Directing Choice Dollars is easy. Simply go to Thrivent Choice to learn more and find program terms and conditions, or contact Nathan Beattie, Financial Associate, at 515-276-1527, extension 228, or firstname.lastname@example.org.